We have added a new member to the McKelvey Clan....her name is Jenna!Well, truthfully, she is Jessica's. I am very proud of Jessica. Over a year ago Jessica stared telling me that she wanted a German Shepard. We hadn't had our other dog Darby for too long so I told her no at the time. Another 6 months went by and she was still telling me that she wanted one, and that one of her uncles on her dads side was a breeder for German Shepards. So I told her then that if she wanted one she would have to earn the money to buy it, and to buy all the stuff that goes with it. Plus she would have to take care of it, and pick up after it, etc., etc.....
She agreed to it all. I honestly did not think she would follow through with it......but one thing I have learned about Jessica is when she really wants something and she sets her sights on it, there is nothing you can do to stop her! So, she started working on Saturdays with her grandparents on her dads side at the ball fields (they run the concession stand), and babysitting. She was saving all her money. Then she came home from one of her weekends at her dads and said "mom, my uncle John just had another litter of puppies, can I get one"? Of course I had to ask her, "do you have the money you need for everything"? And her answer was a confident, YES! So, I had to tell her yes, I had already agreed to let her if she earned the money.
So, on October 17th, the cute little Jenna joined our clan! She is the cutest little thing ever! And Jessica has been really good at taking care of her......but is also realizing how hard it is too! I think this is a good lesson for her! She is realizing that puppies are more than just play toys, and fun. I must give her credit though, she hasn't complained once....even the mornings she gets up and is sooo tired because Jenna decided to get up at 4:30 am and wanted to play! And when I laugh at Jessica, she tells me, "well, at least it's still not as bad as having a baby, at least the puppy sleeps, and when I leave I can put her in the crate!" HAHA...so funny!



No comments:
Post a Comment