Saturday, February 7, 2009

It's Official...

Well, it's official...Jessica is now a homeschooler!! YAY! She started on Thursday, and I really think this is going to work out nicely! There's a lot of reading to do, since she doesn't have a teacher at the front of the room actually teaching, but I think she'll learn more being her own "teacher". With all the reading she's having to do, I sure am glad there's no time limit! That's going to benefit Jess in the end anyway, because one of the problems she was having in school is that there was never enough time to fully understand what was being taught before the teacher moved on to the next lesson.

I really do feel sorry for the teachers now a days...they have such a strict schedule they have to deal with as far as teaching the lessons, it's any wonder how any of the students learn anything!
I will be so glad when TAKS is taken out of schools...not that it matters, the government will just replace it with another crappy testing system! Oh well, what do you do, right?

Anyway, we still have a ways to go before she done, but I'm definitely glad we did it!! : )

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you feel like it is working out well. Good luck with all of that.

    ReplyDelete