Tuesday, February 3, 2009

ER and Stitches... : (

Let's see, we'll start with last Saturday...
I actually had a great day. Our YW were having their basketball tournament, so me and kids went to watch. Jessica is not much of a basketball player, but loves to go and support the other girls! We Won....Stake Champs!!!

My week was staring off good...,so I thought...

Me and Noah went to eat lunch with Casey, and after lunch I got a phone call from Michael's school saying that he had been in a head collision with another little boy during p.e. and that I needed to come pick him up. They also added, "and he'll need to be taken to the ER". First thought....oh crap, how bad is it...they're telling me I have to take him to the ER, so my mind wondered quite a bit on the way there. For those of you who don't know this, I'm not one of those moms who freaks out when my kids get hurt. I'm quite level headed and I think very rationally.
Anyway, I get there and poor Mikey and the other boy were laying there on the nurse beds with both of their heads taped up. According to the p.e. teacher they were playing the "pokemon" game and they turned just at the right time and smacked heads...ouch!! When I first looked, it actually looked like he had a chunk missing from his eyebrow...(I later found out that it just looked that way because the cut was so deep). Sooo, after a few jokes to ease the tension for the boys, we took off for the ER.
Once there, and after waiting for about 3 hours, we finally got to the back where the actual ER dr told us that he was going to have to call in a plastic surgeon to sew him back up. I must say, my Michael was a trooper!! He just layed there very still and relaxed while the doc sewed him up! According to the dr the cut was so deep that when he moved his skin you could actually see down to his skull....it was quite gross! So I don't know exactly how many stitches he ended up with, I just know that the dr had to start from the bottom and sew his way to the top.
I tell you what though, for someone that is usually very whiny, and cries for just about anything, Michael took it like a champ! There was very, very, very little whining....with which he was well rewarded for today, by picking out a new, cool toy!!! : )



The "damage"
Prepping for stitches...

All done!!!

2 comments:

  1. OUCH!!!! That looks like it hurts, poor kid. I think I would have been a mess if I got a call like that. Maybe I will once my boys get in school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! What a trooper. It's a good thing you're so level-headed with injuries!

    ReplyDelete