Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Geckos

About 2 months ago, Jessica called me from her dads saying that he bought a gecko for her and her sisters, and she wanted to know if it was ok for her to bring it home, and that it would go back with her when she went to her dads for the weekends.
I was a little hesistant, but agreed to let her....on the condition that she would be the one to take care of it....which she excitedly agreed.
Well, by the time she got home, there were now 2 geckos, and a lot of responsibility!
You know, I really wasn't much of a reptile person, which I'm still really not (when it comes to snakes).....but I can tell you that once she brought them home and I played with them, and helped her feed them, I actually got attached to them....and so did the boys!
Well, to make a long story short, I basically adopted 2 geckos....who are now at our house full time! I really didn't mind though because I knew they wouldn't get taken care of at her dads house.
Here is Lu Lu and Bonnie....

Here they are again trying to escape...LOL!
But that is not where the story ends.........
Between Casey, me, and the boys, we got so attached to Jessica's that we wanted one of our own. Sooooo, we went out and got one for us!
This is Princess Mushu.......isn't she cute! : )
Here she is peeking out of her rock!
She's just taking a stroll here.
Anyway, we all totally love all the geckos and are so glad we got to keep Jessica's, and get one of our own.
Like I said, I would have never thought I would have gotten attached to a gecko, but I totally love the girls....they are so adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment